What is AFJOG?
Association of Fatima Jinnah Old Graduates – AFJOG was founded by Pakistani female physicians of Fatima Jinnah Medical College (FJMC) including the Pakistani American counterparts in Dec. 1983 to help the needy, poor and underprivileged people in the field of healthcare, child education and to help the destitute women of Pakistan. It also stands to support FJMC and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (SGRH), the teaching hospital associated with FJMC, in a number of ways.
The organization is run primarily by female physicians with the support of some male colleagues. The organization has become a success because of the voluntary services provided by the medical staff, the donations from the general public and some of our valuable contributors who have donated their buildings, contributed monetarily and through services to support the educational, paramedical and vocational training centers.
AFJOG is run by an elected executive body. These elections are held every 2 years. At present, 60 senior professors, specialists and physicians run free clinics voluntarily. A number of prestigious senior male physicians are a part of AFJOG and many young doctors are joining in as well by the grace of God.
AFJOG was registered on 16th Oct, 1984 under Societies Registration Act XXI, 1860, Reg. No RP/480-84-85. It is also registered with Secretariat of Social Welfare on 17th Mar, 1992 Reg. No. DDSW-LD/92-548. AFJOG is exempted under section 47(1)(d) of Income Tax Ordinance & 1979 Ref. 11/J-191/47(1)(d)/S011/4506 (27th Mar, 2001) and CBR Exempted under section 2(36) Income Tax Ordinance 2001 & rule 214(3) of Income Tax Rules, 2002.
Aims & Objectives
Enlisted below are some of the major aims and objectives of the organization:
- To work for the welfare and progress of Fatima Jinnah Medical College, now University and its allied hospitals
- To strengthen the relationship between the old and new graduates and preserve their bond with Fatima Jinnah Medical University
- To encourage academic achievements of Fatima Jinnah Medical University at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels
- To collaborate with other national and international organizations interested in welfare projects
- To provide free medical care and to work for welfare and progress of humanity, women and children in particular
- To promote Taleem-O-Tarbiyat Literacy among the deprived sector of the society
- To organise educational programmes and provide vocational / technical training for women